/* ----------------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Booted from wordpress to blogspot by Gecko ------------------------------------------------------ */ Mann' Made: Paris Re-visited

Monday, October 15, 2007

Paris Re-visited

It was only a quick stop over in Rome, but I had a semi-final to see!

I had been offered 500 pound for my ticket, by a Pom I met in the Pantheon but I was here in Europe and had to go to the game.


Come game night I attempted to arrive at the stadium around 6pm (Gates opened at 7, kick off at 9pm) I had to let 6 metro's pass by, bursting at the seams before I (and the thousand or so other people on the platform) could even start boarding the metro.

After being stuck for a sardine for 20 odd minutes, we finally his the stadium. The atmosphere was absolutely electric, the thing was I still did not know who I was going for, the Defeat of the wallabies was still fresh in my mind, but I would have severe trouble supporting "the Blues " on two occasions in one cup.


I had not made a conscious decision about it until A kiwi (french flag and all) asked me who I was supporting, Without hesitation I chose "The Motherland"

Twas a great game, I was only 5 rows form the sideline, directly behind the posts.




Well you all know the result. the french around me were crying, whilst the by the thousands were singing as one.

A few post match Beers saw me back to the hostel. To Beer land tomorrow!!



Post a Comment

© 2006 Mann' Made | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.